I think it was about a year ago that I gave my mom the birthday present of typing up all of her recipes. I am still working on it. But it has been great for me too because then I get copies of all of her recipes. As I have been working on typing my moms up, I have also been typing up recipes that I have found and that I want to keep using. Here is a recipe for healthier cornbread that I got from weightwatchers, I love it!
Weight Watcher Points: 3
1 cup uncooked cornmeal, yellow
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
14 ¾ oz cream-style corn, canned
½ cup low-fat buttermilk
2 large egg whites
2 tsp corn oil
• Preheat oven to 400ºF.
• Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
Combine 1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp baking soda in a large bowl.
• Mix well with a fork, then make a well in the center and set aside.
Combine 14 ¾ oz creamed corn, ½ cup low-fat buttermilk, 2 egg whites and 2 tsp corn oil in a medium bowl.
• Mix until blended.
• Fold mixture into dry ingredients; mix until blended.
• Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
• Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
• Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
• Remove from pan; cool completely before cutting into 8 squares.