Here is our week in summary:
Andrew's show with Pan Pan at the Old Foundry on Friday went great, it was really fun! Tyler was able to come up to hear them too, thanks Tyler! I will check around to see who else got pictures and I might get some pictures of that up soon.
Andrew still is playing with the Harp Concerto group at 4pm and with the Orchestra on campus tomorrow at 8 pm.
I got observed 3 days in a row by my principal, another teacher, and then my supervisor from Western. That was a little much.
Andrew bought a fixed gear bike and is picking it up today. He is pretty excited about that.
Here is what I wanted to get done this week:
1) Complete my substitute portfolio so that I can get my substitute teaching certificate and sub for my teacher (and get paid!) on the two days that she will be gone in May. I am not quite done with it, but I think I will be able to finish it up tomorrow or Monday. It was a lot more work than I expected it to be and I will be very happy when it is done!
2) Update my reading blog with the book I just finished, the first No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book. I loved it! Just finished doing that! You can read about it by clicking here. My description doesn't really do the book justice. You should just read it.
3) Blog about Andrew's recital and about at least two sets of old pictures that I want to get posted. Blogged about my favorite cornbread recipe, some old Christmas pictures, and some old pictures from Andrew's uncle, but not about Andrew's recital. I am still waiting for him to finish putting together the video so that I can upload that. We didn't get many pictures of that night, so I don't know what else I would blog about.
4) Type up 5 recipes for my mom. Typed up all 5 recipes! Lucky you mom!
5) Work out 3 days. I am going to run a 5K on May 9th and have to stay in shape! I ran 3 miles on 3 separate days. 3 miles is a new long distance for me (I know, I know, it's not that far) so I am really happy about this. I didn't even die when I did it.
6) Start the next book I want to read, the 2nd No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book. I started it and I am about halfway through. I love these books but I find that I am still finding it difficult to find time to read.