Strawberry-Rhubarb Freezer Jam1 cup prepared strawberries
1 cup prepared rhubarb
4 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 box sure-jell fruit pectin
- Stem and crush strawberries.
- Measure exactly 1 cup of strawberries into a large bowl.
- Cut rhubarb into 2 inch pieces.
- Finely chop or grind pieces.
- Measure exactly 1 cup of rhubarb into the large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Stir in sugar.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix water and pectin in saucepan.
- Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add to fruit mixture and stir for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy.
- Immediately fill all of the containers to within 1/2 inch of tops.
- Wipe off the edges of containers, immediately cover with lids.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.