Tuesday, August 3, 2010
2. The lavender above is from our garden, the one bunch I picked and dried. I also took the picture, using all manual settings. Aren't you proud of me?
3. Sunday we took Lucy the the Paws and Claws Expo, a fund raiser for the Alternative Human Society here in Bellingham. It was pretty fun; interesting booths and lots of people with their dogs. At one point, we hung out with a 10-month old great dane and a full size one. Very cool to see all of the different stages. Silly me didn't take a picture. I miss the football size Lucy sometimes. We also bought an obedience class at the silent auction. Paid 15$ more than we were going to, but we felt good knowing all the money (including the price of the class we would have paid for no matter what) went to the Alternative Human Society. Best part? We totally wore Lucy out. Took her until Monday night to start recovering.
4. We wish we had more ducks. They make us laugh.
5. We got some more seeds in the ground, hoping for a fall harvest. Spinach, lettuce, radishes, carrots, and peas. And I'm recommitting to keeping a gardening journal so we can learn from our mistakes. I started this year....and then quit. Now I'm regretting it.
6. We have squashes coming on, tomatoes ripening, blackberries popping up all over, and green beans going crazy. I like it.
7. I wish summer wasn't going by so fast. Too many things I want to do and not enough time. My to-do list is nuts. I won't even bore you with it.