- The creatures that keep returning under the house if traps and poison are generously and regularly used.
- The funky smell from under the house (probably related to above) that sometimes gets into the house if we haven't been home much.
- The age and condition of the carpets. They are never clean. Fine for us, not so fine for a little one.
- Our crazy landlord and his plethora of half finished projects and cars all over the property.
- We are tired of investing time, money, and energy on improving someone else's property.
But, if for some reason we can't purchase a home right now, we are going to look for something different to rent. When we moved into this place, we always meant it to be an experiment for a year or two, just to see if we like living this far out, having chickens, planting a big garden, and being a little more rural. I think the verdict is in that we most definitely do. So, the experiment has been successful and it is time to move on. To some place that we would be happy with for the next 4 or 5 years (at least) as we raise a baby, whether it ends up we are renting or buying. Long story short...be looking for news on new places to live in the next coming months!