Andrew took these pictures on Sunday, while telling me to just keep reading and not do anything different. I debated not sharing them. Mostly because I'm just a little bit vain and I'm in my pjs (at 4 pm) with no makeup on, unfixed hair, and I look just slightly disproportionate. Besides the fact that I have a double chin in some of them. But they are a fairly accurate portrayal of me during down time, reading, watching the belly move, and trying to stay comfy. Sorry in advance for anyone who is offended by bare belly!
- I was 38 weeks pregnant yesterday.
- I am feeling a good amount of braxton-hicks, more and more of them have been regular enough to time. After a lot of walking, they have gotten down to 5 minutes apart, but then I will take a bath or lay on the couch and they will fade away. More often, they stay around 10 minutes apart. But yes, they are waking me up occasionally at night.
- I have a day (today) and half left of school and work, I feel like I'm counting down more for that than for baby to be here!
- I've am only 15 lbs over my prepregnancy weight, which is definitely not enough weight gain. This is slightly deceiving though as I lost 10 lbs in the first trimester, and have lost almost 5 lbs in the last month, putting my total weight gain at a much more reasonable level. Baby is still growing well and is healthy and that's the most important thing!
- The baby's room is all ready, the bassinet is prepared to slide in next to the bed, the hospital bag is packed, and a binder of instructions on how to help us after baby is all ready to go.
- I haven't had too many problems with swelling, just a few random instances here and there. Like Monday, when we went on a 40 minute walk and about halfway through I realized that my hands were huge and I could barely get my ring off. They went back to normal after I got home, put my feet up, cooled off, and drank some water. It was really warm out at the time, which seems to be the biggest contributing factor to swelling.
- Mostly though, I am feeling good and looking forward to working in the garden and enjoying the sunshine with Andrew!