1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate-with egg nog. And maybe a little bit of something extra.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap them! But I heard of a fun idea that I would love to try out in the future. Not only does Santa bring presents, so does the Easter Bunny, Christmas Elves, the Grinch, and many other wonderful magical people.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Andrew and I were just discussing this, either all white or white and one other color, like white and red. Haven't decided for sure yet.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I think we should!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I think the lights should be put up on Thanksgiving weekend, starting on Friday or Saturday. Helps get rid of the post-Thanksgiving blues. We can get down the boxes with the rest of the stuff at that time. Then we can spend all of December creating and decorating.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? It's not one specific thing..it's the overall decadence of all of the special dishes combined.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? acting out the nativity story, until we were way too old. That's the benefit of having younger siblings. I was always the angel...probably because I was a brat about it. I have always loved how we open gifts in our family, one a time and who ever opened the last gift goes and picks one out to give to someone else. It's fun to get a gift but it's also fun to go pick one out to hand to someone else and see their excitement.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't know when or how. But, when I was older, I always loved when my mom and dad would let me help play Santa for the little kids.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Mom always got to help decide what it was, so that it would be something you could actually enjoy and that it wasn't your "big" present. I like the idea of getting new jammies on Christmas Eve. You can always use a new pair of jammies.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I like having a mismatch of ornaments, all of them meaningful. Get a new ornament every year? It makes decorating the tree a good conversation about memories and where each ornament came from.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it. Probably because it never lasts long around here.
12. Can you ice skate? Haven't tried in over 10 years. And I wasn't very good at it then. So probably not.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No. Sorry to everyone who has given me amazing gifts, one isn't standing out for me right now.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family, taking those moments to sit and just enjoy life and how wonderful it is.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge, Hello Dollies, chocolate crinkles, caramels, almond roca.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hmm, that's a hard one. I like making goodie plates and bringing them to friends. It's a good excuse to bake lots of deliciousness and it's fun to drop by and make people smile.
17. What tops your tree? We have a light up glittery star. But our tree is too scrawny to hold it up. Maybe next year our tree will be a little bit stronger.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Definitely the giving, although it's way more stressful. I never feel like I can think of a good enough present for those amazing people in my life. The more important they are to me, the harder it gets. I'm the worse at buying presents for Andrew.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Delicious. Especially the cinnamon ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Classic Rudolph and Frosty...although Andrew has got me liking A Christmas Story and Charlie Brown's Christmas as well.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? We love the Vince Guaraldi Christmas cd at our house. The whole thing is classic. But I also love playing the Christmas Mix cds that Wade used to make every year. I wish he still did that (hint, hint). It's like getting a best of playlist.